Concrete Conservation Actions
- Fencing of the site in order to minimise disturbance and prevent unauthorised human and vehicle access to the site.
- Removal of the earth that has been used to fill in part of the site where a flea market used to operate and restoration of the area, planting of natural vegetation and new features (canals, mounts) for the target species.
- Management measures to control the flow and volume of water at the site so as to ensure that water is present all year round as well as landscaping that will help the nesting species to have optimum nesting grounds.
- Removal of Acacia bushes and Atriplex semibaccata from the site that encroach and take up habitat.
- Planting of trees and shrubs mostly Tamarix so as to encourage potential tree-nesters to the site and provide screening from the road, plant Salicornia and other halophytic vegetation where land restored. Planting trees will improve screening cover for sensitive species.